Jan 20 , 2014
Time for another episode of the Handyman Startup Podcast! In this session, I sit down with social media expert, Rick Mulready.
We’ve all been hearing the buzz about social media over the last couple years, and there is no doubt it can be a powerful marketing strategy for businesses of all sizes. Just take a look at Dollar Shave Club, who built a business based on social media marketing almost exclusively.
Social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and the like are reshaping how we think about promoting our businesses and as far as I can tell, they aren’t going away any time soon.
That’s why I asked Rick Mulready of the Inside Social Media Podcast to join me to discuss how us handymen and other home service providers can take advantage of social media to get more customers.
Rick has over 12 years of corporate internet marketing experience gained from working for companies like AOL, Yahoo!, and Funny or Die.
Now, he shares big brand social media strategies with small business owners on his podcast. Social media is what he does. Beyond that, he’s just a good dude. So, I figured who better to share some valuable marketing advice with you!
Here’s what we cover in this episode:
- What social media can do for your business.
- Which social media platforms YOU should be using.
- How to get the most from your social media efforts with a limited time investment.
- How to get more Facebook likes without shelling out your cash.
- Best practices for gaining traction on Facebook.
- To Learn more from Rick, visit his site and podcast here: RickMulready.com
- Lowe’s is doing a great job with Social Media. Check out this article to learn from them.
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed the podcast, I’d be really thankful if you’d share it or reviewed it on iTunes.
Comments or Questions
What’s your preferred social media platform? Where do you hang out on the internet? Let me know in the comments below!