Apr 01 , 2014
In this episode of the Handyman Startup Podcast, I’ve got something special for all you landscaping contractors out there.
I bring on Christy Webber of Christy Webber Landscapes in Chicago, IL and uncover her story and how she went from a small town lady mowing lawns, to running one of the largest Landscaping companies in Chicago.
I know this isn’t the typical type of guest I bring on the show and Christy isn’t a handyman, but the lessons she shares are applicable to all trades.
Christy’s story is incredible, especially considering that she didn’t graduate with a business degree. In fact, her education was in physical education. She knew nothing about operating a business and just got started mowing lawns. And that’s the key to her success, she just got started.
Her determined attitude and love for her job helped her build a business that currently employs roughly 400 people! Listen in to find out how.
Here’s what we cover in this episode:
- Why some companies fail in bad economic times and others succeed.
- How to scale a service business even if business isn’t your strong suit.
- How integrating your story into your business can get your customers working to help you.
- Struggles with employees and how to deal with them.
- How to overcome fear and finally get started with your business.
- How brutal honesty with your customers can take your business to the next level.
- The importance of letting go and allowing others to help you.
Links and Resources
As always, thanks for listening! And a special thanks to Christy Webber for joining me on the podcast and sharing her story to help others succeed.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
Comments or Questions
Did you find Christy’s story inspiring? If so, let me know in the comments below. Then, sign up for my e-mail newsletter to get updates when future episodes are released.