I made a lot of mistakes when starting my handyman business.
Here are just a few:
- Quoting a painting job and getting stung by the contractor’s board.
- Dropping a customer’s brand new 50″ TV and shattering the screen.
- Underpricing my services on countless jobs (which cost me over $50K during my first year in business alone).
- Being scared to recommend repairs to customers for a fear of being too salesy.
- Being scammed for $200 by a cold-caller who was selling fake leads.
- Scheduling jobs inefficiently which caused me to waste time and lose profits.