Oct 12 , 2018

12 Hidden Signs Your House Could Have Toxic Mold

mold

How toxic is mold?

Any mold that produces mycotoxins—the “myco” refers to fungus—is toxic, and it can be quite poisonous. One of the more alarming varieties is Stachybotrys chartarum: Dense, black, and usually present where moisture has been a long-term, unresolved issue, like a damp basement or in an abandoned home, this fungus can trigger a suite of health issues, like persistent headaches, diarrhea, breathing trouble, and more. But other types can also cause issues, warns the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): “All molds should be treated the same with respect to potential health risks and removal.” These are the signs of mold that you should be looking out for. If you have mold, when should you call a pro? 

Related Posts

Here’s How Much You’ll Save In Taxes With an S Corp (Hint: It’s a LOT)
One of my favorite things about having a business is that making small changes can lead to big jumps in profit. In th...
Read More
How to Use Google My Business To Generate FREE Leads For Any Local Business
Google My Business is one of the easiest, most effective, and FREE ways to generate leads to any homes service busine...
Read More
3 Handyman Business Myths Exposed
I get a lot of e-mails from readers who are interested in starting a handyman business, but have a few roadblocks hol...
Read More