May 15 , 2020
Editors note: We used pre-fabricated frame brackets for this project. For the amount of time and skill it would take to build a sturdier swing set, they are totally worth the purchase. Also, this project does not include the actual swings. We encourage you to create your own or purchase separately.
Attach Brackets to Beam
- Install the brackets on either end of the 4x6x10-ft. beam;
- If they are tight, use a hammer with a wood block to knock them on.
- Using the 1/4 in. drill bit, pre-drill the three holes either side of each bracket. Make the holes about three inches deep;
- Use a 1/2-in. wrench or socket to install the 12 three-inch lag bolts supplied with the brackets;
- Pro Tip: Using a socket adaptor for your drill/driver will make this task fast and easy.