May 22 , 2020
Remove License Plates
- Start by removing the screws or bolts that fasten your license plates to the vehicle.
- This could be easy or difficult depending on how rusty the bolts or screws are. There are usually two fasteners on each plate, one at each top corner.
- Front plates get dirtier than rear ones, but not all jurisdictions require front license plates. Remove both plates for cleaning if you have two.
- Remove the plates from plastic frames if there are any.
- Consider leaving the license plates in place if the fasteners are rusted or the heads are stripped. Removal is not essential.