Nov 04 , 2019
Create a pre-trip checklist
You owe it to the other drivers you will be sharing the road with to make sure your trailer is road-worthy every time you take it out. Check the following items before taking to the streets:
- The ball and the coupler are compatible sizes.
- Chains, wiring harness and breakaway cable are all connected.
- Ball mount pin is in place.
- Locking lever is down and pin installed.
- Ball is fastened securely to the ball mount.
- Tongue jack is raised.
- Tires are properly inflated and lug nuts are tight.
- Lights are all working.
- Ramps and/or gates are in place and secure.
- Load is fastened and secure.
- Brakes are working.
Plus: Check out our list of go-to items you should always have in your truck or trailer.